Dell PowerEdge R640 Rack Server
The Dell PowerEdge R640 is the perfect dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. Our Dell R640 servers combine density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
Uncompromising Performance and Density
The scalable business architecture of the Dell R640 server is designed to maximize application performance and provide the flexibility to optimize configurations based on the application and use case. With the Dell R640 you can create an NVMe cache pool and use either 2.5” or 3.5” drives for data storage. Combined with up to 24 DIMM’s, 12 of which can be DCPMMs or NVDIMMs, you have the resources to maximize application performance with the optimum configuration in only a 1U chassis.
Maximize Application Performance and Density
• Simplify deployments and speed up deployments with Dell EMC ready nodes for ScaleIO and VSAN.
• Maximize storage performance with up to 10x NVMe drives or 12x 2.5” drives.
• Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the Dell R640 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
Automate Maintenance with Dell EMC OpenManage
• Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
• Simplify management with the OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server life cycle. The Dell R640 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
Guard your Data Center with Built in Security
• Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
• Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
• Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
• Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
Typical Dell Certified Refurbished Servers are previously opened or returned products. Every returned product is then submitted through Dell's rigorous refurbishing process in order to achieve the highest quality and performance standards. Dell Certified Refurbished products sold by Fornida are up to 70% off the Dell list price and can be delivered in days rather than weeks.
Dell Certified Refurbished R640 Rack Servers
The best part is all of our systems come with a minimum of 5 Year 8x5 NBD Dell warranty and can be uplifted with ProSupport or ProSupport Plus including Mission Critical Services. As a stocking Dell distributor, we maintain a large inventory of Dell’s newest and most popular servers including the R240, R340,R440, R640, R740, R740XD, M640, T440, T640.
Take a look at some of our Dell Certified Refurbished R640 rack servers here. If you're interested in building a Dell R640 server, we can help! Give us a call at (949) 722-1222 and one of our sales engineers would be happy to customize one to fit your needs.