The Dell PowerEdge R740 Rack Server
The Dell PowerEdge R740 rack server was designed to accelerate application performance leveraging accelerator cards and storage scalability. The 2-socket, 2U platform has the optimum balance of resources to power the most demanding environments.
Expand and Optimize Application Performance
The scalable business architecture of the Dell R740 can scale up to 3x 300W or 6x 150W GPUs, or up to four FPGAs. With up to 16 2.5” drives or 8 3.5” drives the Dell R740 provides the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the perfect platform for VDI deployments.
• Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
• Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
• Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
Automate Systems Management with OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the Dell R740 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
• Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
• Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Rely on PowerEdge with Built-in Security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server lifecycle. The Dell R740 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free,
secure infrastructure without compromise.
• Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
• Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
• Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
• Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Dell Certified Refurbished R740 Rack Servers
Typical Dell Certified Refurbished Servers are previously opened or returned products. Every returned product is then submitted through Dell's rigorous refurbishing process in order to achieve the highest quality and performance standards. Dell Certified Refurbished products sold by Fornida are up to 70% off the Dell list price and can be delivered in days rather than weeks. The best part is all of our systems come with a minimum of 5 Year 8x5 NBD Dell warranty and can be uplifted with ProSupport or ProSupport Plus including Mission Critical Services.
As a stocking Dell distributor, we maintain a large inventory of Dell’s newest and most popular servers including the R240, R340,R440, R640, R740, R740XD, M640, T440, T640.
Take a look at some of our Dell Certified Refurbished R740 rack servers here. If you're interested in building a Dell R740 server, we can help! Give us a call at (949) 722-1222 and one of our sales engineers would be happy to customize one to fit your needs.